This is something which is sure to be of interest to those of you who spend a lot of time engaged in energetic pursuits in the great outdoors, and/or who work in noisy, harsh, wet or dirty environments.
The new Sonim XP1300 CORE mobile phone is the cornerstone of the company’s upcoming line of “ultra-rugged” phones and is the world’s first IP-68 rated GSM handset that’s fully submersible in 2 meters of water. It also comes equipped with a 2-inch high-resolution, scratch-resistant screen and a noise-cancelling microphone – making it ideal for use in tough environments.
Available worldwide at the beginning of November, the advanced features of the XP1300 CORE are a result of Sonim’s experience of shipping approximately half a million phones over the past four years into some of the world’s most demanding work environments.
RUGGEDNESS AND ADAPTABILITY
The XP1300 is designed to withstand the most strenuous conditions, meeting US MIL-810G certification for salt, fog, humidity, transport shock, and thermal shock. The noise-cancelling microphone keeps calls clear in loud conditions and the larger, higher resolution display offers better visibility in bright sunlight. Additionally, Sonim has added a fibreglass mix to the phone’s housing plus a Gorilla Glass(r) lens to give users the confidence to take this phone into situations where other phones would just be dead weight.
The XP1300 also boasts an alleged 18 hours of Talk Time and 800(!) hours of Standby Time in temperatures ranging from -20 C to +55 C.
The XP1300 Product Specifications include:
- Tested and Proven Rugged: IP-68 Rating/MIL-810G Certified
- IP-68 Submersible to 2 Meters for 30 Minutes: Protected against rain, fog and salt air
- Impact Proof: Withstands 2 meter drops onto concrete
- Screen Toughness: Gorilla Glass(r) lens for extreme shock and scratch resistance
- Long Battery Life: Up to 18 hours of Talk Time and 800 hours of Standby
- Noise Cancellation: Omni-directional microphone with noise cancellation
- IP-68 Impervious to Dust and Micro-Particles: Non-porous casing blocks entry of micro-particles
- Ready for Extreme Temperatures: Works in environments ranging from -20 C to +55 C
- Tough Materials: Dual injected shell (hardened rubber, fibreglass mix)
- Accessible Keypad: widely-spaced keys for ease of use, even when wearing gloves
- Loud Audio: 23mm speaker, protected by a GORE cover
- Multimedia Player: Video and MP3
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The XP1300 CORE will be available worldwide at the beginning of November, and is backed by Sonim’s 3-year Compehensive Warranty. The US MRSP is $399.
For more information and product images visit www.sonimtech.com