Viper Technologies, as reported yesterday, is making great strides in it’s efforts to produce a large and quality range of gas blowback AR-15 replicas such as the M16A1 and A2, XM-177 E1 and E2 and modern replicas such as the M4 and M16A4. Details emerged today that Viper is also now producing a replica of the NSWC-Crane Division Mk18 Mod 0 via their Hong Kong shop.
All the usual Mk18 CQBR accessories are present such as the 7" RAS, LMT rear sight, crane stock and it’s difficult to tell in the supplied images from arms-cool.net but I’m sure I can see the quick release lever of the KAC type QD NT-4 suppressor.
Viper has also done some work in the finish and markings department with a more matt finish which should silence the critics of the black gloss in previous releases. Viper also works some magic with the markings, dutifully recreating a Colt look marking that cleverly integrates the Viper logo to avoid any trademark disputes and also recreates the manufacturing details giving us an odd mash-up of Viper, Hartford. Conn. and ROC (Republic of China) manufacturer markings. Although I am curious if it has the CRANE markings, or a version of, on the right hand side of the receiver.
This article, A Viper MK18 Mod. 0 Gas Blowback Rifle in the works., was originally published by Everything Airsoft. Copyright 2010
- 09/05/2010 — Viper Technologies Gas Blowbacks: FN Mfg. M16A2, M16A1 VN, XM-177. We Look, We Like (0)
- 08/01/2010 — British Ministry of Defence to field new 7.62mm ‘Sharpshooter’ Rifle in Afgan [Real Steel News] (0)
- 15/12/2009 — Tokyo Marui CQB-R ‘Recoil Shock’ AEG release slated for Christmas Eve 2009 (0)
- 22/09/2009 — It’s all Bombers and Crackers over at G&P Laser Products [ M16A1, M653, Mk18 Mod 0 ] (0)
- 28/05/2009 — G&P Updates with Pre-order on ‘Viper’ and Troy style BUIS’s + MP Buttstock (0)